Long Term Care Insurance
Long term care is something that we don't really think about unless it has already affected one of our loved ones. OTIP's long term care insurance plan provides coverage for professional health and support services by providing a daily benefit if you lose the ability to care for yourself and need assistance. Further, it focuses exclusively on home care, with benefits that help you remain in your own home.
The OTIP long term care insurance plan provides:
- An affordable solution to address the high cost of home care services
- $100 daily benefit to care for yourself, and receive assistance at home
- Choice of $50,000 or $100,000 lifetime benefits exclusively on home care coverage: bathing, dressing, toileting, eating, transferring, continence and cognitive impairment
Coverage is available to all Ontario education employees, their spouses and eligible family members between the ages of 20 and 75 inclusive.
It's never too early to plan for the impact of needing long term care. Planning today can help protect savings, avoid burdening loved ones, and provide peace of mind for tomorrow.
For more information
- Download OTIP's Long Term Care Planning Guide (PDF, 319 KB)
- Download OTIP's Long Term Care Application Form (PDF, 50 KB)
- Request a printed copy of OTIP's Long Term Care Planning Guide
- Talk to an OTIP life and living benefits sales representative – call 1-800-267-6847 today!