Welcome to OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan). We are pleased to be serving the
Peel Elementary Teachers' Local (PETL) as the
benefits administrator for your life, health and dental benefits.
As a non-profit trust, OTIP serves active and retired education employees and their
families, tailoring insurance products and services to meet your unique needs. OTIP
is governed by a Board of Trustees representing each of Ontario’s four education
affiliates: AEFO, ETFO, OECTA and OSSTF. Learn more about us at www.otip.com.
PETL Benefit Plan Changes - effective September 1, 2011
As of September 1, 2011, the PETL Life, Health and Dental Benefits Plan is insured through a new provider, replacing Great-West Life. The plan will continue to be administered by OTIP. This change results in a new claims process.
Where do I send my claims?
For claims incurred before September 1, 2011:
- Any outstanding claims incurred before September 1, 2011 should be sent to OTIP no later than 90 days after August 31, 2011. New health and dental claim forms are available at the OTIP services website at www.otipservices.com/forms.
- Please note that if you are resigning or retiring, you have 90 days after your resignation/retirement date to submit eligible claims (e.g., for a June 30, 2011 retirement date, September 28, 2011, would be the deadline to submit claims from the 2010-2011 benefits year).
For claims occurring after September 1, 2011:
- Your new OTIP benefits cards will be mailed to your home address beginning the week of August 22 for you and your eligible family members to use as of September 1, 2011. Please see below for more information about benefits cards for your family.
- Submit these claims directly to OTIP.
- New OTIP health and dental claim forms are available on the OTIP services website at www.otipservices.com/forms.
- If you do not receive your new OTIP benefits cards by August 31, 2011, please use the new benefits plan number 84545 and your existing member identification number for health and dental services incurred as of September 1, 2011 until your new card arrives. For drug purchases, please give your pharmacy the pharmacy carrier code 02. For dental services, please give your dentist the EDI number 610059.
Will my benefits change?
Please refer to the plan booklet available in September 2011 on the PETL website at www.etfopeel.com for benefits information.
Do my family members get benefits cards?
Yes, you will receive OTIP benefits cards for you, your spouse and eligible dependants to use. The cards are issued in the member's name and can be used by all eligible family members. Issuing the cards in the member's name only, instead of each individual family member's name, ensures that all eligible family members have access to benefits coverage and there is no delay waiting for new cards to be issued if spousal or dependant information should change.
Where can I find more information about my benefits?
- Additional information and an updated booklet explaining the details of the benefits plan will be available on the PETL website at www.etfopeel.com in the secure area of the message board in September 2011.
- If you have any questions about your benefits, please contact OTIP benefits services at
1-866-783-6847 or online at otipservices.com..