Enhance your protection with additional optional coverage.
The Worry-Free Bundle combines the Personal Property Claim Protector and the Disappearing Deductible into one endorsement for premium savings.
Every year you don’t have a claim, your deductible goes down by 20%. After five years it disappears entirely!
Personal Property Claims Protector
This protects your Claims Free Discount following the first claim on the protected location in a five-year period. After one claim, the Personal Property Protector endorsement must remain in place to keep your Claims Free Discount in the following term.
Get a quote
Identity Theft Expense Endorsement*
Protect your most valuable possession – your identity. For $30 a year, you’ll receive:
- Increased coverage ($15,000) for your credit and ATM card/automated teller card
- Coverage for identity theft to a maximum of $15,000 (for costs such as legal fees, registered mail costs, long-distance telephone charges and lost wages)
- Access to a credit card registry hotline to block card use
- Assistance from qualified professionals via a legal assistance helpline
*Your policy deductible does not apply to this endorsement. Any claims made will not affect your property insurance claims history.
Own a higher-valued property? Get the extra protection you need, including:
- $1 million liability protection with option to increase up to $5 million
- Generous discounts for higher deductibles: $1,000, $2,500, $5,000, $10,000, $25,000 and $50,000
- Ovation Discounts: Claims-Free, Mortgage-Free, Non-Smoker, Mature Client, Multi-Policy, Loyalty, Age of Dwelling, Monitored Burglar Alarm, Monitored Fire Alarm, Cellular Monitor Alarm, Temperature-Monitoring Water Flow Alarm, Water Shut-off Valve, Sewer Backup Valve, Sump Pump Electrical Power Backup Generator, Sprinkler System, Caretaker/Security Guard/Gated Community
Education Extra Package
For $35 a year, you will receive:
- Coverage for personal property kept at school (even over the summer months!)
- Coverage for school board property in your possession
- Increased limits of insurance for items such as books, tools and equipment, jewelry and credit cards
- Coverage for the property of a student away from home, a parent in a nursing home, and other people’s property in your possession
- Access to information lines for small business owners, legal assistance and personal finance
Peace of mind in case of a lawsuit — increase your liability protection up to an additional $5 million and extend coverage to include your involvement as an officer of a non-profit group. Personal Umbrella also provides additional coverage for automobiles driven outside of Canada or the U.S.
Home Business Protector
Your regular property insurance policy may not cover items you use to run a home business. OTIP's Home Business Protector offers coverage for:
- Theft or vandalism to business contents such as stock, tools and equipment, exterior signs and landscaping
- Business income, accounts receivable, valuable papers and records, and professional fees
- Commercial general liability covering products and your completed operations
Sewer Back-Up/Water Endorsement
Coverage for sewer back-up/water varies depending on where you live. Contact an OTIP customer service representative at 1-866-561-5559 for information on different coverage levels and rates in your area.
Overland Water Protection
If you have sewer back-up protection, you can also purchase overland water protection. This protects your property from loss or damages should water enter your property as a result of heavy rains, spring run-off or overflowing lakes or rivers.
Municipalities sometimes enact bylaws that mandate certain rebuilding or repairs. All of our dwelling policies exclude loss or increased repair costs arising as a result. The bylaw coverage extension overrides the bylaw exclusion, up to a maximum of $100,000 and may be added to all residential policy types except Tenant insurance.
Specialized Coverage for Special Needs
At OTIP, we recognize certain items and situations fall outside a standard home insurance policy. That’s why our dedicated team of experts offer a wide variety of solutions to meet any need, from short-term storage and buildings under construction to vacant homes and special event requirements.
† You must insure your primary residence with OTIP to qualify for this benefit.
Service Line Endorsement
Service lines are typically not covered by standard home insurance policies. For example, if a pipe bursts or is blocked by tree roots, you’d have insurance to pay for the cost to dig up your yard, make repairs and then replace your landscaping. For $30 a year* you can have these costs covered:
- Coverage limit of $10,000 to cover the costs associated with repairs to underground pipes and wiring from city property lines to your house when damage occurs on your property
- Coverage for repair or replacement of damaged service line, excavation costs, loss of use coverage for additional living expenses and outdoor property damaged by repairs
*Through Aviva Insurance/Traders General Insurance. Available to eligible residential property insurance policyholders, this coverage was automatically added to your property insurance policy on March 20, 2018, at no additional charge until your next renewal.
For renewals starting May 1, 2018, the coverage will be automatically added to your policy for an annual premium of $30. Please call your Broker if you wish to discontinue this coverage.
Get a quote