Travel coverage is included in all RTIP health plans at no additional cost and is intended to supplement your Provincial Health Plan.
Our travel coverage includes:
- 100% reimbursement for emergency out-of-country claims while travelling (e.g., emergency physician, emergency hospital charges, etc.).*
- $2 million per covered person, per trip for emergency services.
- Coverage for up to 95 consecutive days per trip, with unlimited trips per year.
- Up to $6,000 for trip cancellation and/or trip interruption, per covered person and per trip.
- Access to 24-hour emergency assistance services.
*Reimbursement is limited to Reasonable and Customary charges for the area in which they are incurred.
Please note: The information above is a shortened summary of our RTIP travel coverage. For more information on your specific coverage, please login to the RTIP plan member secure site to review your RTIP contract.
New to RTIP? Visit rtip.otip.com/register to register today! For step-by-step instructions on how to register, check out otip.com/RTIP-registration-help
When do you need more insurance? If you are travelling for more than 95 consecutive days, you can contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-866-520-8823 or 519-742-9013 to top up your travel insurance.
Things to consider before you travel
- It is important to have your RTIP travel coverage in place before your trip departure. If you depart before your RTIP travel coverage is in effect, your 95-day limit will begin on the day you leave.
- Typically, travel claims are submitted after the trip. These claims will be evaluated on the basis if you were clinically stable prior to the medical emergency. This means OTIP cannot guarantee before your trip that any claims related to your pre-existing condition will be reimbursed.