Sponsorship of School Projects and Initiatives Program winners announced!
This was an exciting year for the Sponsorship of School Projects and Initiatives program. With more than 90 submissions, our judges caught a glimpse at the incredible work that is being done in Ontario’s education community. Click here to see the list of winning schools.
The Sponsorship of School Projects and Initiatives application for funding is now closed.
With the recent announcement that schools across Ontario will be closed until April 5, 2020, OTIP has made the decision to extend the submission deadline for the Sponsorship of School Projects and Initiatives Program. Submissions will now be accepted until April 30, 2020.
We understand that within the education community there are many member-led school projects or initiatives that support learning, provide an enriched experience or help those in need. OTIP’s Sponsorship of School Projects and Initiatives Program is an opportunity for our members to submit a video application to win money toward their project.
Over the past several years, we have received an overwhelming number of submissions that are both creative and inspiring.
This year there will be six prizes of $5,000 available to be won, as well as six honourable mentions of $1,000 each.
Who can apply
Any member of the education community in the Ontario Public, Catholic or French system can apply for funding for their project. Projects or initiatives must be shown to positively impact the lives of students or educators. Requests do not have to be linked to a registered charity. Projects that would qualify for funding include but are not limited to:
- School nutritional programs;
- Purchase of musical instruments or band equipment;
- New playground equipment;
- Environmental initiatives like gardens or tree planting;
- Art supplies or programs.
Funding is not provided for:
- Capital projects, such as school additions, replacing buildings or facilities.
- Administration or operating costs such as salaries, utilities.
The program is open from November 25, 2019 until April 30, 2020.
Important things to remember when creating your video:
After the submission deadline, videos will be judged based on creativity, originality and overall project idea. Winners will be announced at the end of April and the winning videos will be posted on our website.
- Videos must be between 30 seconds and two minutes long.
- Sound quality is important. When recording your video, ensure that the audio is clear, and that background noise is not interfering.
- Videos must be free of copyrighted materials and not use brand names or logos without permission.
- Copyrighted music cannot be used. Please choose music in the public domain or an original composition.
- Videos should not contain profane language or violence.
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and set to public to qualify.
Failure to comply with criteria and rules could result in disqualification of your video. Read the Sponsorship of School Projects and Initiatives Rules and Regulations.
Applications are currently closed