At OTIP, we believe in connecting with our communities and supporting causes that are important to our members.
Our Corporate Donations program supports projects, programs or initiatives that are innovative, sustainable, and demonstrate a long-term commitment to the community.
Emphasis is placed on programs that:
- Serve the needs of the communities where OTIP has a significant business presence.
- Provide services to Ontario's educators, children and families.
- Support organizations where OTIP employees are actively involved as contributors or volunteers.
Requests for funding
Requests are evaluated annually. Donation requests must be received via the Donation Request Form by 11:59 p.m. on June 15 to be considered for the current round of funding. OTIP will contact all successful applicants by July 15 each year.
Organizations receiving funding may be asked to provide a final report detailing the results and benefits achieved through the funded project, program or campaign.
In order to be eligible, organizations must be a registered Canadian charity. Preference is given to those projects, programs or campaigns targeted to communities in which we have a significant business presence. While funding amounts vary, requests for more than $5,000 are not typically considered under this program.
Funding is not generally provided for:
- Organizations, projects and other activities outside of Canada.
- Advertising and promotion.
- Donations to political parties or political and partisan organizations or lobby groups.
- Purchase of tickets for contests, raffles or other fundraising activities with prizes.
- Churches, synagogues or other religious groups or organizations.
- Campaigns for schools, universities and hospitals.
- Endowment funds and private foundations.
- Organizations that do not engage in fair and ethical labour practices.
- Sports and sports-related organizations.