OTIP Announces 2017-18 Bursary Program Winners
Drum roll, please!
We are pleased to announce the 2017-18 OTIP Bursary Program winners.
2017-18 bursary winners
- Gillian Aldridge, Arnprior, ON, Political Science
- Avery Bisbee, Innisfil, ON, Health Sciences
- Brayden Bumstead, Victoria Harbour, ON, Sports Administration
- Jasmine Goodman, Oshawa, ON, City Studies/History
- Courtney Koomen, Port Hope, ON, Biomedical Engineering
- Brienne Mastronardi, Leamington, ON, Business
- Spencer McIntyre, Nottawa, ON, Sociology/Psychology
- Matthew Mendes, Whitby, ON, Mechanical Engineering
- Kiefer Predinchuk, Hamilton, ON, Physics
- Joshua Rank, Burlington, ON, Nursing
- Julia Sim, Stratford, ON, Human Kinetics
- Jonathan Sinopoli, Woodbridge, ON, Industrial Engineering
(NOTE: The above winners were drawn at random from a pool of almost 3,600 applicants.)
Each year, twelve $1,500 academic bursaries are given to six female and six male students across Ontario. The program helps alleviate the financial burden faced by students, allowing them to more easily pursue their post-secondary education. Since its inception in 1994, this program has helped over 260 students and awarded $342,000.
"For over 20 years, the OTIP Bursary Program has been providing financial assistance to the bursary recipients via tuition, books, living expenses, etc., so they can focus on their studies,” stated Vic Medland, Chief Executive Officer. “At OTIP, we are dedicated to putting members of the education community first by providing a full range of group and individual insurance products. The bursary programs allow us to further support and ensure our members and their loved ones continue to learn and contribute to our communities and the world at large.”
Starting on September 1, 2018, we will be accepting entries for the 2018-19 academic year. Be sure to submit your OTIP Bursary Program online application by June 15, 2019.
Questions? Please contact the Bursary Coordinator at email@example.com or 1-877-260-3892 x 2243.