OTIP named one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers for 5th year in a row
November 24, 2017
November 24, 2017 – In their annual search for the best places to work across the country, Toronto-based publisher, Mediacorp Canada, has named OTIP one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers for a fifth consecutive year.
This special designation recognizes employers in the Kitchener-Waterloo and Guelph area that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work.
Here are some of the many reasons OTIP was selected as a top employer, including our efforts to:
- encourage employees to continue their education with tuition subsidies for courses taken at outside institutions as well as a variety of in-house and online training programs
- provide an academic bursary program for children of employees who pursue post-secondary studies
- provide maternity top-up payments for employees who are new mothers and offering flexible work arrangements when they return to work
- provide generous vacation allotments as well as personal days and paid time-off during winter holidays
- offer retirement planning assistance, phased-in work options and a defined contribution pension plan
“We are so thrilled to be selected for the fifth time as one of the top employers in the Waterloo area,” Vic Medland, OTIP CEO exclaimed. “This year is extra special as we are also celebrating our 40th anniversary. In the last few years, we have experienced tremendous growth at OTIP. I am so humbled by the innovation, collaboration and member-focused commitment that our employees continue to bring to work every day. This is a great place to work because of the genuine care that all of our leaders and employees take in their interactions with each other and our members.”
The annual competition is organized by the editors of the Globe and Mail’s 100 Top Employers in Canada competition.
View the feature in the Waterloo Region’s Top Employer online magazine.
Want to join a growing team?
We’re growing and looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join our team. Learn more about your next career opportunity.