OTIP’s Early Intervention (EI) Program is a confidential support program offered to members in the early stages of a medically related absence from work, at no cost through their long term disability (LTD) insurance plan.
Early Intervention Rehabilitation Consultants (EIRC) provide valuable assistance to members by assessing their needs and providing individualized assistance and support to help facilitate the member’s recovery.
The criteria for the program are as follows:
- The member must be off work for 11 to 20 consecutive days or more (based on your plan).
- The member is off work due to illness or injury.
- The member must have LTD coverage with OTIP.
The member must meet all three criteria to be eligible for the EI program.
- The member is on an approved sick leave up to the start of a maternity leave.
- The member has a return to work date greater than 50% within the next month.
- The member is on a leave other than medical/sick leave (ex. WSIB).
- The member is planning to retire in the next few months.
- The member is recovering from surgery with an anticipated recovery period of less than 3 months.
- The member does not meet the eligibility criteria for LTD coverage (ie. is over 65 or 70)
By submitting this form, you agree to receive an email reply confirming your submission and understand that email is not a secure form of communication. As email security cannot be guaranteed due to possible third party interception or tampering, OTIP does not assume responsibility for the possible breach of the personal information you have submitted.