Co-ordination of benefits in My Benefits (Part 2)
To help us process your claims properly, you need to tell us if you and/or your family members have benefits with another insurance plan.
You must set it up once, and then update if you need to add or remove people covered under your plan.
What you need to do
- Click on the Log in button on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select Health and Dental from the drop-down menu.
- After you have logged in, click on My Benefits.
- Click on Enrol/Make Changes in My Personal Info box.
- Select Coordination of Benefits Update from the list (found under Any Time Change).
- Enter the effective date which must be within the last 31 days.
- Click Edit for each dependant covered under the plan to select Dental and Extended Health. When done, click Save and Close. Click Next on the next screen.
- Review the Dependants section for accuracy and then click the box for Consent and Authorization to agree to the terms and conditions. Click Next.
- Click Done.
You can also watch the Coordinating your benefits tutorial (found in the Reviewing your Family Information section).
Find out if your child(ren) meets the criteria to be covered under your benefits plan (refer to FAQ: My son is 18-years-old and works full-time. His job also gives him benefits. Is he covered under my plan?)
If your spouse loses their benefits plan, you must change your co-ordination of benefits for your spouse in Step 7 to “None”.