At OTIP we recognize that within the education community, there are many member-led school projects or initiatives that support learning, provide an enriched experience or help those in need. We also understand that our members have had to learn and adjust to a new method of teaching, mentoring and working with students.
The OTIP Sponsorship of School Projects and Initiatives program is an opportunity for our members to submit a video application to win $5,000 toward their project. Over the past several years, we have received an overwhelming number of submissions that are both creative and inspiring.
We understand the importance of recognizing all voices in our education community and highly encourage schools to submit projects that represent or impact Black, Indigenous or People of Colour.
This year there will be six prizes of $5,000 available to be won, as well as six honourable mentions of $1,000 each.
Who can apply
Any member of the education community in the Ontario Public, Catholic or French system can apply for funding for their project. Projects or initiatives must be shown to positively impact the lives of students or educators. Requests do not have to be linked to a registered charity. Projects that would qualify for funding include but are not limited to:
- Virtual learning initiatives that enhance distanced or at home learning
- School nutritional programs;
- Purchase of musical instruments or band equipment;
- New playground equipment;
- Environmental initiatives like gardens or tree planting;
- Art supplies or programs.
Funding is not provided for:
- Capital projects, such as school additions, replacing buildings or facilities.
- Administration or operating costs such as salaries, utilities.
The program is open from November 1, 2020 until April 30, 2021.
After the submission deadline, videos will be judged based on creativity, originality and overall project idea. If you have a project or initiative that would make an impact within your school, but you do not have the resources to create a video please contact us in advance of the April 30, 2021 deadline by emailing email@example.com. Winners will be announced at early June and the winning videos will be posted on our website.
Important things to remember when creating your video:
- Videos must be between 30 seconds and two minutes long.
- Sound quality is important. When recording your video, ensure that the audio is clear, and that background noise is not interfering.
- Videos must be free of copyrighted materials and not use brand names or logos without permission.
- Copyrighted music cannot be used. Please choose music in the public domain or an original composition.
- Videos should not contain profane language or violence.
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and set to public to qualify.
Failure to comply with criteria and rules could result in disqualification of your video. Read the Sponsorship of School Projects and Initiatives Rules and Regulations.
View the winners of the 2019-2020 Sponsorship of School Projects and Initiatives.