At OTIP we recognize that within the education community, there are many member-led school projects or initiatives that support learning, provide an enriched experience or help those in need. OTIP Sponsorship of School Projects and Initiatives is an opportunity for our members to submit a video application to win $5,000 toward their project.
In the past two years, we have received an overwhelming amount of submissions that are both creative and inspiring. This year, we are very excited to announce that there will be six prizes of $5,000 available to be won.
Who can apply
Any member of the education community in the Ontario Public, Catholic or French system can apply for funding for their project. Projects or initiatives must be shown to positively impact the lives of students or educators. Requests do not have to be linked to a registered charity. Projects that would qualify for funding include but are not limited to:
- School nutritional programs;
- Purchase of musical instruments or band equipment;
- New playground equipment;
- Environmental initiatives like gardens or tree planting;
- Art supplies or programs.
Funding is not provided for:
- Capital projects, such as school additions, replacing buildings or facilities.
- Administration or operating costs such as salaries, utilities.
The program is open from October 15, 2018 until March 31, 2019.
After the submission deadline, videos will be judged by an internal panel from OTIP based on creativity, originality and overall project idea. Winners will be announced in early April and the winning videos will be posted on news and updates.
How to Apply
- Create a short video (less than two minutes) outlining your project
- Fill out the application form
- Submit your idea!
Important things to remember when creating your video:
- Videos must be between 30 seconds and two minutes long.
- Sound quality is important. When recording your video, ensure that the audio is clear and that background noise is not interfering.
- Videos must be free of copyrighted materials and not use brand names or logos without permission.
- Copyrighted music cannot be used. Please choose music in the public domain or an original composition.
- Videos should not contain profane language or violence.
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and set to public to qualify.
Failure to comply with criteria and rules could results in disqualification of your video. Read the Sponsorship of School Projects and Initiatives Rules and Regulations.
Applications are closed for the school year 2018-2019.