If you are prescribed medication to treat complex, chronic or life-threatening conditions such as: rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), cancer, osteoporosis and hepatitis C, you will benefit from the Specialty Drug* Care program, provided by your Employee Life and Health Trust (ELHT) benefits plan.
Who is Bayshore?
Manulife, insurer, has partnered with Bayshore Pharmacy Services to offer the Specialty Drug Care program. The Specialty Drug Care program offers savings and the support of a nurse to get your medication and to help you manage your condition.
Depending on your ELHT benefits plan, you may be required to join the Specialty Drug Care program to have your prescription administered through Bayshore Pharmacy Services.
When you join the program, you’ll get:
- Delivery of medications to the place of your choice
- Phone support from a dedicated nurse
- 24/7 pharmacist hotline
To learn more about the Specialty Drug Care program or Bayshore, you can contact OTIP Benefits Services at 1‑866‑783‑6847.
*Specialty drugs are defined as drugs that:
- Treat complex chronic and/or life-threatening conditions
- Have a high cost per unit (usually over $600 per month)
- Require special storage, handling and administration (i.e. infusion or injection)
- Involve a significant degree of patient education, monitoring and management
What you need to do
If your doctor prescribes a specialty drug, you will need to:
- Complete the Drug Prior Authorization form
- Submit the form as per the instructions on the form
You will receive notification once the form has been processed.
If the drug is not approved, it will not be covered under your ELHT benefits plan.
NOTE: This program is only available to members who live outside of Quebec. Regulations prevent us from offering this program to members who live in Quebec.
Understanding limits on pharmacy mark-ups and dispensing fees