I'm a first time user, how do I log in to my health and dental plan?
If you are an active member, you should have received an emailed letter inviting you to set up your access to the Plan Member Login. If you did not, or cannot locate your letter, please call us at 1-866-783-6847.
If you are a retired member:
- Go to www.otip.com.
- Click log in on the top right corner of the website and select RTIP/ARM.
- Click on register in the “You must be registered to log in” box.
- Enter in the requested information, including the Plan contract number and Member certificate, which can be found on your benefits card.
- Create and verify a password. It’s a good idea to write down your password and keep it in a safe place.
- Once you have submitted your registration, an activation key will be mailed to your home address. To complete your registration, log in at www.otip.com and enter your activation key.
What do I do if I’m having trouble logging in?
There are two things we encourage you to do:
- Clear your cache
- Remove a saved password
Clearing your cache
If you are encountering difficulties accessing your plan member login, we recommend you try clearing your cache and refreshing your page. To clear your cache, press Ctrl+F5 (PC) or Command+Option+E (Mac).
Removing a saved password
If you have your current password saved for the plan member login, you will need to update it for your new plan before you can log in. To remove a saved password, please follow the directions below for whichever browser you are using.
- Click on the menu in the top right corner of your window.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Click on the “Show advanced settings…” link at the bottom of the page.
- In the “Passwords and forms” section, click the “Manage passwords” link.
- Select the site with the password you’d like to remove and click on the “X”.
- Click on the menu button at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on “Options”.
- Click on the “Security” tab.
- Click on the “Saved Logins” button.
- Select the site with the password you’d like to remove and click the “Remove” button at the bottom.
- Click “Preferences” from the menu bar at the top of the screen. If your menu bar is not visible, press the ALT key to make it appear.
- Select the “Autofill” tab.
- Click the “Edit” button under Usernames and Passwords.
- Select the site with the password you’d like to remove and click the “Delete” button.
Internet Explorer (IE)
- Click on the gear wheel icon in the top right corner.
- Click on “Safety” in the menu.
- Click on “Delete browsing history” in the submenu.
- Select “Passwords” from the list.
- Click on “Delete”.
I have been locked out of my account, or my account has been suspended. How do I regain access?
If you are registering for the first time and have locked your account, contact OTIP Benefits Services technical help line at 1-888-521-0023 and they will assist you.
If you are a returning user and you have locked your account after three unsuccessful password attempts, you can unlock your account by selecting the ‘Forgot password’ link and following the instructions. You will need to provide answers to the security questions you set during your registration. If you need assistance, please contact OTIP Benefits Services at 1-888-521-0023.
If you answer your security questions incorrectly and have suspended your account, you will need to contact OTIP Benefit Services at 1-888-521-0023 to regain access.
I am having trouble creating a new password for the OTIP Secure Site. Why are there so many requirements?
OTIP respects the privacy of its members and continually works to protect it. The personal information shared with us, stays with us. Protecting our members’ privacy means we keep your information in strict confidence.
As part of our ongoing efforts to ensure your privacy is fully respected, we have developed policies and procedures aimed at protecting your personal information. Strong passwords are important measures to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
What is the secure member login for?
The secure member login gives you access to both My Claims and My Benefits in one location, accessed by one username and password.
My Claims allows you to make and submit health and dental claims, check the status of a claim already submitted, and provides access to your benefits booklet. You can also sign up for direct deposit and electronic claim statements through My Claims.
My Benefits is not only where you complete your initial benefits enrolment, it is also where you will make changes to your benefit coverage after a life event, like getting married or having a baby. My Benefits makes it easy to review your coverage, add a dependant or update your beneficiary designations.
I completed my initial registration and enrolment. How do I get back to the secure member login to access My Benefits and My Claims?
To access the secure member login from www.otip.com, go to ‘Log in’, and click ‘Health and Dental’.
Once on the secure member login page, log in using your OTIP Identification Number, date of birth, and the password you set when you registered. After clicking log in you will be taken to the landing page. This is where you can access both My Claims and My Benefits.
What should I do if I forgot my password?
Enter your OTIP Identification Number, followed by your date of birth. Then click the ‘Forgot password?’ link and follow the instructions. You will need to provide answers to the security questions you set during your registration. If you need assistance, please contact OTIP Benefits Services at 1-888-521-0023.
How do I send an email to OTIP Benefits Services?
If you have not completed your enrolment in your new provincial benefits plan, you can contact OTIP Benefits Services online by filling out the form on the bottom of our Contact us page.
NOTE: As we are unable to securely authenticate members who send information through the Contact Us form, and because we are committed to protecting your personal information, we are unable to provide a detailed response by return email. If you have a specific question about your coverage prior to your enrolment, please call OTIP Benefits Services at 1-866-783-6847.
If you have completed your enrolment, you can send us a note through My Claims.