Our travel insurance offers comprehensive coverage for up to 95 consecutive days per trip, and is included in all RTIP health care plans at no additional cost.
Emergency Medical Treatment
- Up to $2 million per person, per trip while travelling outside your province of residence
- Effective for trips up to 95 consecutive days, with an unlimited number of trips per year
* Not available if you depart prior to the effective date of your RTIP policy.
- Up to $6,000 per person, per trip, for pre-paid, non-refundable, unused expenses if you are unable to travel or continue to travel as a result of death, illness, or serious injury to yourself or a family member.
- Return airfare in the event of trip interruption
24-Hour Emergency Assistance
- Services include: arranging for payment to health care providers, medical referrals, transportation, notification of physician and family, and local care of dependants
- If you are hospitalized and your dependent children and/or grandchildren under the age of 18 are left unattended, their return home will be coordinated and paid for
Travelling for more than 95 consecutive days?
Get comprehensive protection for as long as you need it with top-up coverage from Allianz Global Assistance. For more information, call Allianz at 1-866-520-8823 or 519-742-9013.
Before you decide to travel…
If you depart on your trip prior to the effective date of your RTIP policy, your coverage will begin the day your RTIP policy comes into effect. The 95-day limit will begin on the day you depart.
Claims processing uses a standard administrative practice to determine if an insured member was clinically stable at the time of the incident. Because decisions on the eligibility of a claim are made after the claim has been submitted, OTIP cannot guarantee before you leave that claims related to a pre-existing medical condition will be covered.
As with any insurance plan, it is important to check the details of your contract to ensure you are protected. Please review complete details of coverage and exclusions.